Ten Tips That Will Save Water
* Water your lawn only when it needs it.
* Fix leaky faucets and plumbing repairs. This can save up to 600 gallons a month.
* Don’t run the hose while washing your car. This can save up to 150 gallons each time.
* Install water-saving shower heads. This can save 500-800 gallons per month.
* Run only full loads in the washing machine and dishwasher. This can save 300-800 gallons per month.
* Shorten your showers. Even a one or two minute reduction can save up to 700 gallons per month.
* Upgrade older toilets with water efficient models.
* Put food coloring in your toilet tank. If it seeps into the toilet bowl without flushing, you have a leak. Fixing it can save up to 1,000 gallons a month.
* Collect water from your roof to water your garden.
* Grab a wrench and fix that leaky faucet. It's simple, inexpensive, and you can save 140 gallons a week.